I will prioritize policies that expand the capacity of the tourism industry and allow the NWT to realize its full potential as one of the fastest growing tourist destinations in North America.
- Increase available funding to $1 million for tourism infrastructure development, supporting the growth of the tourism industry and making the NWT an even more attractive place to visit.
- $100,000 for Operator Insurance Assistance funding of to offset the high costs of commercial insurance for tourism operators. Supporting a wide range of independent tourism operators will create new jobs and expand tourism opportunities across the NWT.
- $250,000 for Community Museum Operating Grants. Museums contribute to the economic well-being of their communities as employers and tourist attractions. Their support also strengthens the role in their communities as custodians and interpreters of the NWT’s irreplaceable heritage collections.
- Work with the Northern Arts and Cultural Centre, the private sector and partner organizations to invest in a new standalone performing arts facility that will support Northern, national and international performers and arts programs throughout the NWT.
- Support the continued development of territorial parks and campgrounds and promote a conservation economy through effective environmental stewardship and wildlife management.