I will prioritize policies that government open-by-default and protect the public’s right to information for the next legislative assembly.
- Make all committee hearings public by default, including the territorial leadership committee that selects Premier and Cabinet.
- Strengthen the review powers of the Conflict of Interest Commissioner to ensure proper oversight and timely publication of MLA expenses.
- Strengthen Access to Information legislation and introduce whistleblower protection legislation for public servants.
- Introduce a motion that will have all MLAs expenses made public and posted online.
- As a further commitment to my plan, if elected I will post all of my expenses online regardless of the outcome of any legislative measures to improve transparency.